Government of India
Ministry of Textiles
Office of the Development Commissioner
West Block No.VII, R.K.Puram, New Delhi-110066
Invitation of Proposals For the Year 2011-12 under HRD Scheme.
The proposals of the following components under Human Resource Development Scheme of the Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) are invited on the prescribed proforma from eligible Organizations for the year 2011-12:
A. TRAINING THROUGH ESTABLISHED INSTITUTIONS
This programme will be implemented through existing Vocational Institutions/ITIs/Polytechnics, etc. Training of Handicrafts artisans in crafts related skills such as Wood Carving, Wood Inlay, Embroidery, etc. through short term and long term period varying from 1 to 9 months based on the type of craft.
Financial Assistance: Rs. 24 lakhs for Non-recurring (one time grant) towards machinery & equipments and Recurring grant of Rs. 13.90 lakhs per year will be provided per training programme for 5 years.
B. TRAINING IN INNOVATIVE DESIGNS FOR THE PERSONS INVOLVED IN PATTERN MAKING/ TALIM WRITING/ PLASTER/ RUBBER MOULDS/ BLOCK MAKING ETC.
In the process of, production, particularly for uniformity and higher productivity, artisans use POP moulds, stencils, wooden blocks etc. This progamme aims to provide training to artisans in such related skills.
Financial Assistance: Rs. 2.50 lakhs per training programme.
C. TRAINING OF ARTISANS/SHG LEADERS/ NGO IN CAPACITY BUILDING
This programme aims to train the artisans & NGOs, potential entrepreneur and SHG leaders in non-technical skills such as micro finance/entrepreneurship development/preparation for business plans/preparation of project reports/packaging/export procedures/Documentation etc.
Financial Assistance: Rs. 2.00 lakhs per training programme.
D. TRAINING THROUGH GURU SHISHYA PARAMPARA
The Scheme is for training the semi skilled artisans to upgrade their skills, to add additional skills artisans through master craftsperson, who possess good skills for better value additions, quality of output, finishing and innovating techniques use of improved tools and technology. This training will enable for improved production as well as productivity to adapt the changing trends.
Financial Assistance: Rs. 2.12 lakhs for each training progarmme for 6 months duration.
E. CONDUCTING SEMINAR/ WORKSHOP
This programme is for continuous dissemination and creation of awareness about scheme/programmes, Technological developments, marketing intelligence etc. amongst different stakeholders of Handicrafts sector as well as sharing of experience.
Financial Assistance: Need Based.
How to apply:
The eligible organizations/Institutions may submit their proposal to the respective Regional Offices of that area on the addressed given below by 30th April, 2011:
1. Regional Director (ER), Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), CGO Complex, 3rd Floor, A-Wing, DF Block, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700064
2. Regional Director (NER), Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Central Block 2nd Floor, Housefed Office CVomplex, Beltola Basistha Road, Guwahati-781006, Assam
3. Regional Director (WR), Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), 294-P, Nariman Point, 3rd Floor, Haroon House, Mumbai-400001, Maharashtra
4. Regional Director (SR), Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Shastri Bhawan, 26, Haddows Road, Chennai-600006, Tamilnadu
5. Regional Director (NR), Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), west Block No. VIII, R.K.Puram, New Delhi-110066
6. Regional Director (CR), Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Kendriya Bhawan, Aliganj, Sector-H, Lucknow-226001, (U.P.)
Proposals can also be submitted in the respective Marketing & Service Extension Centre of Office of DC (Handicrafts) of that area. Addresses of Marketing Service Extension Centre are also available on official website.
Details information regarding eligibility and the scheme etc. are also available on website: http://handicrafts.nic.in link scheme: HRD